How To Get Your First Job In Search Marketing For Recent Graduates (or any first jobbers)
Dive head first into the challenging world that is Google with our Search Engine Marketing Training Course. Perhaps you’ve seen a job that requires you to do SEO but you don’t have enough confidence talking about it at interview? Maybe you’ve applied and been unsuccessful for roles that include PPC? Or is it that you fancy working in digital marketing but you don’t really understand how businesses drive users to their websites?
Not to worry – this training course starts at the very beginning and pieces together everything you need to know to speak confidently about search whatever the situation. In fact, we’d go so far as saying that you will walk away with all this:
- Know your SEO and PPC from your CPC and SEM
- Learn which search marketing tools to use for what activity and HOW to use them
- Avoid being caught out by industry lingo and acronyms
- Keep up-to date with the latest industry developments (it moves so fast!)
- Know where to go to get accurate and reliable information to help your career blossom
When you enrol today, you’ll get instant access to:
- The Search Engine Marketing Training Course For Beginners
- 7 Core Modules
- 21 Video Lessons
- 12 Handouts
- 3 Section Tests
On successful completion of the Search Engine Marketing Training – that means achieving an overall mark of 50% or more – you will also receive:
- A course certificate to show potential employers and interviewees.
- A badge that you can display on LinkedIn, your email signature or your blog.
- Confidence that you know what you are talking about!
In This Search Engine Marketing Training You’ll Learn:
- The key skills and attributes a search marketing professional needs.
- The types of entry-level search marketing roles and what to expect.
- Why “I’m really passionate about getting this job” doesn’t cut it for recruiters.
- The secret ingredients that employers are looking for in a new recruit.
- How to create a cover letter, CV and online profile with a WOW! factor.
- The 10 hard and fast digital marketing interview rules you simply have to obey.
- The secret to marketing interview answers that pack a punch.
And if that’s not enough, you will also learn all this about search marketing…
- The fundamental difference between paid search (PPC) and natural search (SEO)
- How Google, Yahoo! and Bing make their money and what that means for a business you may work for
- What the significance of Google’s quality score is
- Case studies explaining HOW businesses actually use SEO and PPC to get users to their site
- What a SERPs (search engine results page is and how it is deconstructed)
- Why brands want to appear above-the-fold (the top of the search page)
- What makes up Google’s search algorithm and what is most important?
- How to set up your very first PPC campaign – step-by-step
- The exact process for conducting keyword research and creating ad groups
- The importance of the landing page (after clicking on a search result)
- How to optimise your website pages for SEO and PPC
- Longtail search terms explained and their significance
- How to write and create effective text ads for Google
- Where to go to get SEO and PPC advice you can trust
Can You Walk The Walk?
Let’s face it there are thousands of graduates (600,000 to be precise) each year.
A large portion of whom are looking for the highest paid, most fun, most challenging, and sexy digital marketing job.
So how do you get to the top of the pile? Guarantee yourself an interview?
You have to show that you know what you are talking about.
That’s the big problem. Most of you don’t (sorry!)
When I was Marketing Director that was my problem. I interviewed hundreds of candidates for entry-level search and web roles and no-one knew what they were talking about. Not a scoobie! And yet you are expected to. It’s seems unfair I know.
You don’t learn this stuff at university, neither will you learn it in a few weeks work experience making the tea.
At Digital Marketing For Grads we don’t just teach you marketing theory, we actually show you what you’d be doing day to day. And we’re able to do that because that’s what we do. We’re not lecturers, academics, journalists or researchers, we are digital marketing professionals. We’ll show you real examples and case studies of how businesses use search marketing.
We actually do this stuff every day. And now we are going to teach you.
We walk the walk. Can you?
How It Works
Step 1 – Take The Course
Allocate one or two days uninterrupted you time. Make a cup of tea, sit down and watch the videos. Take notes throughout. Replay the videos if you need to. There are 9 sections to go through in total. (A complete course breakdown can be found at the bottom of this page.
Step 2 – Pass The Test
At the end of each core search module you will take a brief test to ensure that you have understood the basic concepts in the training so far. The tests aren’t designed to trick you. All the answers are covered in the training. You must achieve a pass mark of 50% or more on the final test to become certified.
Step 3 – Get Certified!
This is the bit you’ve worked hard for. Take your certificate to interviews with you. Display your badge on your LinkedIn profile for recruiters to see.